Do you want to reroute the coolant to protect your engine? Check.
Run an aftermarket coolant temperature sensor? Check.
Delete the front neck for a neat engine bay? Check.
Remove the heater for a track car? Check.
No MX-5 owner has to compromise ever again. Welcome to SkidNation coolant reroute 2.0!
Here are some of its many benefits:
- Reroute kit reverts the coolant flow back to the original path as designed for Mazda B6/BP engine, which improves evens out temperature differences that exist between front and rear of the engine.
- Improved cooling means the engine components are less stressed thanks to better heat extraction.
- Customize the kit to fit your MX-5 build. All kits include an additional 1/8″ NPT thread. You can also choose if you want to delete the cabin heater and/or the front coolant neck. With us, you have the flexibility you need.
- The aluminium alloy provides excellent corrosion resistance and will easily outlive any car.
- Standard kit is retaining working heater system and original sensor locations for ECU and coolant bypass circuit. This keeps the coolant flowing when thermostat is still closed, which allows for a proper warm-up and cold over-pressure protection.
- No need to remove or lift the engine – can be installed in one day.
- Modification is fully reversible if you keep your original parts.
This complete reroute kit includes all the parts you’ll need for a successfull and worry-free installation. You don’t need to order any additional parts. The front neck delete option includes a core plug securing plate and a hose joiner for the intake (IACV) hoses.
For 1.6 NA (Mk1 with fan switch) you will reuse your original thermostat housing – if you want a brand new housing, please order the Kia housing separately. For all other engines (without fan switch) the Kia housing is included as the original cannot be used.
Not familiar with coolant reroute? Visit coolant-reroute.com to learn more about its importance.
Need help to choose the right kit for you? Contact us on our Facebook page or via email (contact details are on the bottom of the page).
- Installation requires you to move or remove the charcoal canister. It’s there for fuel tank vapour collection, but is probably not doing anything after 15+ years.
- In case you have an EGR system on your car, you will need to modify the EGR pipe at the back of the engine or blank the EGR system – kit available here.
- NA 1.8 with stock intake might have clearance issue – there is just not enough room to route the hose well becasue of the idle hose coming from the intake. It is possible to fit, but we recommend to replace the stock intake with aftermarket intake pipe.
- Installing the core plug requires removal of timing belt and cams. If you have 1.6 NA, you will need to run the fan via standalone ECU (ME221, Megasquirt, etc.) or let it run all the time or wire it to a manual switch.
SkidNation guarantee: being the first to offer coolant reroute kits in Europe we have years of experiences and quality you expect. And yes, we ship world-wide. So what are you waiting for?