Do you want your NA or NB MX-5 to not only run cooler, but to look cooler too? Then our improved premium reroute kit with colorful silicone hose and black anodised blanking plate is just the thing for you.
This premium kit gives you all the customisation options you want:
– reroutes the cooling path to protect your engine,
– allows you to run aftermarket coolant temperature sensor,
– lets you delete the front coolant neck to de-clutter your engine bay,
– offers possiblity to delete your cabin heater.
And on top of all this, you get the high quality bespoke silicone hose with the colour of your choosing. Compared to rubber, silicone hoses last longer and better resist cracking and heat (up to 160°C).
Why SkidNation? Well, here are some of the many benefits:
– Coolant will flow in the original path like it was designed for Mazda B6/BP engine.
– All kits include an additional 1/8″ NPT thread for sensors.
– Original sensor placement and coolant bypass circuit allow for coolant flow while the engine is cold, assuring proper warm-up.
– Installation takes just a few hours without the need to move or remove the engine.
– If you wish to uninstall the reroute kit, keep the original parts and everything is fully reversible.
Everything you need for the installation is included (except for EGR delete – if you car has EGR system, you can get one in our shop). All coolant systems like cabin or intake valve heating are retained. If you opt for neck delete option you get a core plug securing plate with a hose joiner for the intake (IACV) hoses.
Not familiar with coolant reroute? Visit coolant-reroute.com to learn more about its importance.
– The charcoal canister has to be moved (or removed) for installation of our kit
– If you have an EGR on the car, it will have to be removed (or modify the EGR pipe at the back of the engine).
– On MX-5 NA 1.6 (Mk1) we provide blaking plate or core plug with a thread to accommodate the fan switch. Please let us know if you don’t want it without thread (e.g. using a programmable ECU).
Fits all 1989-2005 cars (Mk1, Mk2 and Mk2.5).