Do you want your NA or NB MX-5 to not only run cooler, but to look cooler too? Then our improved premium reroute kit with colorful silicone hose and black anodised plates is just the thing for you.
This premium kit gives you all the customisation options you want:
reroutes the cooling path to protect your engine,
– allows you to run aftermarket coolant temperature sensor,
– lets you delete the front coolant neck to de-clutter your engine bay,
– offers possiblity to delete your cabin heater.
And on top of all this, you get the high quality bespoke silicone hose with the colour of your choosing. Compared to rubber, silicone hoses last longer and better resist cracking and heat (up to 160°C). You have a choice of many hose colours: yellow, red, purple, pink, grey, green, blue, black and white.
Why SkidNation reroute? Well, here are some of the many benefits:
– Coolant will flow in the original path like it was designed for Mazda B6/BP engine in transverse application keeping both engine sides at similar temperature.
– Better cooling means less stress on components.
You can still customize the kit for your specific needs
– All kits include an additional 1/8″ NPT thread.
– All parts are high quality, corrosion resistant and long lasting.
– Original sensor placement with properly working heater system and coolant bypass circuit allow for coolant flow while the engine is cold, thus assuring a proper warm-up procedure.
– Installation takes just a few hours without the need to move or remove the engine.
– If you wish to uninstall the reroute kit, keep the original parts and everything is fully reversible.
Everything you need for the installation is included (except for EGR delete – if you car has EGR system, you can get one in our shop). All coolant systems like cabin or intake valve heating are retained. If you opt for neck delete option you get a core plug securing plate with a hose joiner for the intake (IACV) hoses.
Not familiar with coolant reroute? Visit coolant-reroute.com to learn more about its importance.
Important! Please note:
– If you have an EGV on the car, it will have to be removed (or modify the EGR pipe at the back of the engine).
– To install the core plug (if chosen), timing belt and cams have to be removed.
– On MX-5 NA 1.8 (Mk1) with stock intake we recommend to install an aftermarket intake pipe. The stock near the throttle body has very little clearance – it’s possible to install, but it’s very tight.
– On MX-5 NA 1.6 (Mk1) with programmable ECU, the front fan switch is not necessary. Please let us know in the order note if you don’t need it.
If you already have a reroute kit and you just want the silicone hose, we also sell it a separate product.
Fits all 1989-2005 cars (Mk1, Mk2 and Mk2.5).