Are you looking for detailed engine timing resolution for your Mazda MX-5 Miata aftermarket engine control unit? Or are you planning to add a crankshaft sensor to your MX-5 engine that didn’t come with any? Our 36 “minus 2” tooth timing wheel will give you accuracy and precision you need when for the crankshaft position.
The 36-2 tooth timing wheel is a direct replacement for the stock 4 tooth timing wheel. It fits all so called “long nose” engines (NA and NB with 8 slot crankshaft pulley and bigger pulley bolt) from 1991 to 2005. On 1996 to 2005 engines it can even be used with the stock crankshaft position hall sensor (pre 1996 cars don’t have a crankshaft sensor from stock).
Works with all standalone programmable engine management systems that support 36-2 ignition trigger wheels like Megasquirt, ME221, Hydra etc. In case of the ME221 ECU, some older software versions do not support 36-2 triggers. Does not work with stock ECU which does not have the required capability.
How to install:
– Remove the belts and rotate the crank into position where the small slot/opening (TDC mark) is at the top
– Remove your crank pulley and the original timing wheel
– Slide our timing wheel into place: small slot should be at the top and the missing tooth on the left (intake) side.
– Make sure the sensor to timing wheel gap is within 0.5 – 1.5 mm.
– Install the crank pulley and accessory belts back into place.
– Check your timing with a timing gun, adjust timing in the ECU as neccessary.
Fits all “long nose” NA and NB engines. Does not fit early NA with “short nose”.
There are no reviews yet.